Posts Tagged ‘Food Bank’
We posted a question on Facebook and asked our beloved fans what were some simple projects one could do to help other people in their community. Our friend Cale Sears reminded us of a popular way to help out those in need. With the holiday season, a lot of people are thinking about donating to food banks, here’s one way you can participate in that.
It’s called a Peanut Butter Drive. It’s one simple idea: you and your friends get together and collect as much peanut butter as you can and donate them to local food banks. This idea is so cool, even the Cheesecake Factory held a peanut butter drive, collecting more than 43,000 pounds of the creamy goodness in 2008.
Here’s some facts about Peanut Butter:
• Food Pantries are always in need of jars of peanut butter
• It’s packed with tons nutrients
• We’ve even heard that one jar can feed up to 7 people
• It’s super affordable for making donations
• It has a long shelf life
That’s awesome! How do I do it?
1. Tell your friends–make an event out of it! Announce it at your school, church or in your neighborhood.
2. Collect lots of peanut butter
3. Use the Feeding America Food Bank Search Engine to find a food bank in your area
4. Deliver the peanut butter
5. Take pictures, videos or write to us your story and we’ll “spread” the love to everyone.
It’s a simple way to make a big difference in the lives of others.